When to say this made my day?
COMMON If someone or something makes your day, they make you feel very happy. There was such a sincere expression of friendliness on both their faces that it was a joy to see. It really made my day. When you have a customer who turns round and thanks you, it makes your day.
How do you use you made my day?
Key Member. The typical phrase is “You made my day” or “You’ve made my day.` In either case, it means that someone has done or said something that made you very happy, and it made the day more special for you. For example: Your alarm clock didn’t wake you up and your hair dryer broke while you were using it.
How do you say made my day?
How do you say you made my day special?
“You made my day” is enough in itself. Both of these statements are correct. If you mean to say that someone made your day then “you made my day special” is correct. And if you mean to say that someone’s presence makes your day then “you make my day” is correct.
What means you made my day?
To make someone very happy: “You won first prize? Now that really makes my day!” The saying dates to the beginning of the twentieth century, but it gained popularity with its use by Clint Eastwood in the Dirty Harry movies and, later, by President Ronald Reagan.
How do you use make my day in a sentence?
`How’s your day going?” “How’s the weather there?` `Hope your family is doing well`. The friendly younger-than-me guy working the window (I’m 50, he was 30-something) was making chit-chat: `Hello, nice to see you, how’s your day going?
Is You made my day correct?
You make my day, You made my day and You’ve made my day are all correct sentences in English.
How do you use make and made?
Make and Made are two verbs that refer to the same thing. That is to say that both ‘make’ and ‘made’ originate from the same verb form ‘to make’. The main difference between make and made is that ‘Make’ is the present tense of the verb while ‘Made’ is the past tense of the verb.
Has made or have made?
`I have made` is the present tense: you are describing the present, and in that present there exists a situation where there are some decisions that you have made, which are now in the past. `I made …` is the past tense: this is more simple, you’re just describing what happened in the past.
How do you thank someone for making your day?
Personal thank you
- I appreciate you!
- You are the best.
- I appreciate your help so much.
- I’m grateful to you.
- I wanted to thank you for your help.
- I value the help you’ve given me.
- I am so thankful for you in my life.
- Thanks for the support.
How do you say thank you for made my day?
Thank you – you’ve really made my day – would be a fine response to such a generous gesture. “you make my day” or “you’ve made my day” both are correct.
How do you thank someone and appreciate them?
Use these phrases to let someone know how much you appreciate what they have done for you:
- I am grateful for your support.
- I appreciate you.
- I appreciate your taking the time.
- I value the insights and guidance you provide.
- I wanted to thank you as soon as possible.
- I truly appreciate the confidence you showed in me.
How do you use day and night in a sentence?
He has to work day and night. Our workers are working day and night to increase the production. She worked hard day and night. He dances attendance upon his wife day and night.
How do you use night in a sentence?
[M] [T] He sleeps during the day and works at night. [M] [T] She warned him not to go out at night alone. [M] [T] He was robbed when coming home late at night. [M] [T] She heard him cry in the middle of the night.
How can I use make in a sentence?
[M] [T] I’m going to make a cake for Mary’s birthday. [M] [T] He tried to make his wife happy, but couldn’t. [M] [T] I asked her to make four copies of the letter. [M] [T] I checked to make sure that he was still alive.
Where do we use made?
Made is the past tense and past participle of the verb make. You can use made from, made out of, or made of to say that something has been produced using a substance or object, so that the original substance or object is completely changed. They sailed on a raft made from bamboo. The plates were made out of solid gold.
Did u make or made?
The simple past would be “I made.” You might use “I did make” if you want to emphasize your action: “I made that cake.” “No you didn’t!” Yes! I DID make that cake!”
Is it make or made?
There’s simply one difference between the words ‘make’ and ‘made’ is that the former is the present form of the verb, and the latter is the past form of the verb. When you use the word ‘make’ in a sentence, it represents the creation of something in the present tense.
Was made is correct?
– ‘was made’ indicates that the making progress already completed. This makes sense. – ‘is made’ indicates a general fact. It is always true that the film is made in France.
Is had made correct?
The past perfect (`had made`) talks about completed action in past time from some past reference point. So I would say `I had made a lot of bad decisions before I joined Alcoholics Anonymous.` All those bad choices happened before I joined AA.
Is made past tense?
past tense of make is made.
How do you show someone you appreciate them?
How to show appreciation
- Say “thank you“ …
- Pay attention to them. …
- Listen empathetically. …
- Write an appreciation note. …
- Be reliable. …
- Be specific. …
- Actions speak louder than words. …
- Gift them a plant or flowers to brighten their day.
How do you tell someone you appreciate them over text?
Text Messages of Appreciation to Send to Friends
- You’re my best friend. …
- You’re the best friend a person could ever have. …
- I will always treasure your thoughtfulness and friendship. …
- I can never repay the gift of your friendship. …
- You have made my life so much more beautiful with your friendship.
What can I say instead of thank you?
Here are seven alternatives to ‘thank you. ‘
- `I appreciate you.`
- `Let me know if you need anything else.`
- `Couldn’t have done it without you.`
- `You made this easy.`
- `You’re so helpful.`
- `What do you think?`
- `I’m impressed!`
How do you say your welcome differently?
Here are a few more ways to say “You’re welcome” in English.
- You got it.
- Don’t mention it.
- No worries.
- Not a problem.
- My pleasure.
- It was nothing.
- I’m happy to help.
- Not at all.
How do you say thank you in cutely?
Cute Ways to Say Thank you
- You make me jump for joy. …
- I’m beaming with appreciation for you.
- You make me feel so lucky.
- I wish I could be as thoughtful as you. …
- You knew exactly what to get me. …
- This is so heartfelt.
How do you send appreciation messages?
- “Thanks for doing what you do!”
- “You are appreciated for all you do. …
- “The work you do is important and so appreciated.”
- “Sending a little heartfelt appreciation your way today!”
- “Just wanted to express our deep gratitude for the dedicated work you do day after day.”
How do you say thank you without sounding cheesy?
Below are seven tactful ways to show gratitude at work without coming off as cheesy or fake, because it’s important to give thanks where it’s due.
- Be Blunt — Like, Really Blunt. …
- Make Sure It Doesn’t Look Like You Have An Ulterior Motive. …
- Mention Them Casually In A Group Setting. …
- Tailor It To The Person You’re Thanking.
How do you thank someone informally?
For these everyday, informal experiences, we can use a variety of expression to say thanks.
- Thank you. / Thanks so much. / Thanks a lot. / Thanks a bunch. / Thanks a ton. / Thanks!
- I really appreciate it. / You shouldn’t have.
- I don’t know what to say! / That’s very kind.
- You’re the best. / I owe you one. / You rock.
Frequent Searches Leading to This Page
Talking to you made my day, Flirty response to you made my day, You made my day reply, You made my day response, You made my day,” meaning, It really made my day, What to reply when someone says you made my day, You’ve made my day.